Starting a book club was a bad idea.
I mean, it was a great idea & has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my entire life, but… it was also a BAD idea. For my bank account. Because books. I can’t stop buying books.
As I was taking these pictures the other day, I thought to myself, “you know, it doesn’t really seem like all that many, does it?”…and then I looked at my Kindle purchases. Ah. Yes. Therein lies the problem.
So, without further ado (and to avoid feeling the need to justify myself to the internet), I give you my summer book haul, June-August 2015.
Oooooh pretty 🙂
This is essentially my whole TBR pile right now. I honestly didn’t own many unread books before this whole book club thing…you guys are the
worst best, if you’re reading this.
- To Kill A Mockingbird – Purchased at the urgent prodding of basically the entire SqugSquad
- The Night Circus – Tumblr Giveaway prize from booksbringlife
- Strengthsfinder – Gift from @loudlysilent ❤
- A Court of Thorns & Roses – Purchased because Sarah J Maas obsession
- Dirty Pretty Things – Gift from @gutsreads
- The Scarlet Letter – Purchased in anticipation of the AdultBooklr Banned Books Read-Along
- Rebel Belle – Purchased with the Scarlet Letter because HPB was having a sale
- The Girl At Midnight – Birthday gift from mama
- Sex Criminals, vol 1
- Saga vol 1
- Saga vol 2
- Batgirl vol 1 (Batgirl of Burnside)
- Batman – The Killing Joke
*Note how I listed no reasons for purchasing the graphic novels? That’s because I don’t need a reason. I just want them ❤
You may recognize this photo from my Book Square Challenge post on Tumblr or Instagram. I figured why not kill 2 birds with one stone? These are the covers from the Enchanted Collection Box Set, which I purchased on Amazon Prime Day for like $17. It was basically the only good sale that day, I’m fairly certain.
And, of course, the illustrious Harry Potter box set. Basically my prized possession right now, if we’re being completely honest. Remember when I got this set for $40 over 4th of July weekend? *Happy sigh*
Now for the scary part…the e-books. I have even less restraint when it comes to Kindle deals, if you can believe it.
- The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider
- Tesla: A Teen Steampunk/Cyberpunk Adventure by Mark Lingane
- Paper Towns by John Green
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Plague of Angels by John Patrick Kennedy
- A Near-Life Experience by Bobbie Cole
- Oaken by Melody Robinette
- Hook by K.R. Thompson
- The Moon Coin by Richard Due
- Bloody Little Secrets by Karly Kirkpatrick
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
- Creatus (They Exist) by Carmen DeSousa
- Freak of Nature by Julia Crane
- How To Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You by Matthew Inman
- Hawkeye, vol. 1: My Life As A Weapon by Matt Fraction
- Spark by J.B. North
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman & Dave McKean
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Loki by Mike Vasich
- Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead
- Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid
- Click Date Repeat by K.J. Farnham
- L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
- Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Outlander: A Novel by Diana Gabaldon
- Inception by Andrew Beery
- A Fairy’s Guide to Disaster by A.W. Hartoin
- Geek vs. Vegas: A Novel by Jonathan Sturak
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Grey by E.L. James
- The Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Romeo and Juliet: A Vampire and Werewolf Love Story by H.T. Night
AND there you have it. A total of 59 books purchased or received as gifts since June 1. Not sure if I should be proud of that or ashamed of my lack of self control? Ah, well. I’ve got books to take my mind off of this terrible moral dilemma!
Back to the reading chair!
I’d love to hear your thoughts if you have read any of these books! I’ve only read a few of them, so far!
Til Next Time ❤