Hey, hey! So I’m still a comic book n00b. I’m not afraid to admit it. The only one I’ve really READ so far is Saga, but I’ve got a nice little collection going (and a surprisingly long pull list) & I can already tell you who I would love to see in their own Movie/TV Show.
1. Scarlet Witch – I want a TV show that is all Wanda, all the time. I know enough about her history to know it would make a crazy exciting TV show & there would never be a shortage of canon material or even opportunities for show runners to go a little off-book. I want it and I want it NOW! Also, as much as I was actually impressed by Elizabeth Olsen’s portrayal of Wanda, I’d like to see this re-cast.
2. Quicksilver – You’d think that since Quicksilver would probably be pretty active in my Scarlet Witch TV show above, that it would satisfy my need to see more & more & more of him on screen. You’d think that, but you’d be wrong. I really loved Aaron Taylor Johnson’s portrayal in AoU, BUT nothing makes my heart as happy as Evan Peters in X-Men: DOFP. I want an Evan Peters Quicksilver movie. 2 hours of pure, glorious, snarky Pietro wreaking havoc on poor, unsuspecting souls.
3. Spider-Gwen – I’m gonna need to demand this, more than request it. I want a Spider-Gwen movie. It would be awesome if Emma Stone reprised her Gwen Stacy role, but I’d be fine with a re-cast for this. I just really want the whole Spider-Gwen AU in a movie that I know would become one of my comfort films.
4. Alana & Marko – Come on, don’t act surprised. You all saw this coming. It would be SO difficult to do this series justice on screen, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want it. Because I really, really want it. Maybe it could even be animated? And Fiona Staples’ epic artwork could just come to life? Oh crap. I love that. Yes. That. That is what we need.
5. Harley Quinn – I actually know very little about HQ’s story, but I know that she is a genius-level sassy pants/ badass and the proper portrayal of her on screen could really speak to a lot of women out there. If we could see her go through her abusive relationship with The Joker, but make it totally NOT the central part of the story & have her come out on the other side of that realizing she’s stronger without him, it’d be kind of great, right?
Until Next Time ❤