This post also could have been titled “Why do I Need Regular Visits to the Chiropractor?”
I’ve kind of wanted to do a What’s In My Bag post for a few months, but never really had a good place to set up the photo. I really need to work on carving out some space for photography in my studio. Anyway, we’re moving offices at work & my new space is wide open & empty right now, so I just dumped the contents of my purse out & snapped a pic yesterday… ok that’s a lie. This is totally staged. But whatever. I’m about to get a whole lot less mysterious:
So, what IS in my bag? Let’s start with the obvious: books
Right now I’m carrying the following:
- Saga, vol. 2 – I picked this up at the comic shop a couple weeks ago & just haven’t taken it out of my purse. Plus I kinda want to reread it soon, so I’ll just lug it around until I’ve done that
- Hawkeye #22 – another comic shop purchase from that same day. I haven’t read the rest of this series, yet, but I figured the last issue is one I’d want to have & it was the last copy in my local shop, so I snatched it.
- Skottie Young Secret Wars print (not a book) – they had these little prints at the shop for $.25, so obviosuly I had to have one, because Skottie Young.
- Smut Peddler – this is a traveling annotation project I’m doing with some friends. It’s a collection of short, smutty, graphic stories. It’s explicit. It is fantastic. Don’t read around children. Seriously.
- Moleskine Journal – I carry everywhere, but rarely write in it. It’s just my thought journal that needs a little more love. I should work on that.
- A Court of Thorns & Roses – this has since been replaced by Stardust because I finished ACOTAR over the weekend, but I always have whatever hard copy book I’m currently reading. Obviously.
- Kindle Paperwhite – Can’t go anywhere without it. This is why I only ever carry one hard copy book. My kindle is my backup, in case I finish whatever I’m reading while I’m out. No sense making my bag ANY heavier than it already is!
- Passion Planner – come on, I know you’re not surprised by this. My Passion Planner and I have been attached at the hip since day 1. I’ll be sharing a lot more about this love affair in a week or so.
Then, of course, are the other necessities
- Sunglasses (from Target, similar)
- EOS Lip Balm (vanilla mint, aka my addiction)
- Headphones (free Apple headphones)
- Bug Soother (because Iowa summers are buggy AF, no thanks)
- Pilot Varsity pen set (for Passion Planning)
- Sharpie Highlighter set (*also* for Passion Planning)
- Pilot V-Ball pen (for whatever I need a regular pen for)
- NYX Eye/Brow pencil in Copper (totally use this as lip liner – don’t judge me)
Then I’ve got my 2 pouches, which I didn’t feel like dumping out. The leather one came with the purse & just has all my cards and my key ring in it. If I’m just running in someplace, I can just grab the tiny clutch & it’s got my must-haves. The colorful pouch was an Ipsy bag from last year & contains more cosmetic-y things:
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Stockholm, Istanbul, and Abu Dhabi
- Maybelline lip liner in shade 50 Red
- Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Are You Red-dy
- Beauty for Real Lip Liner (came in a BoxyCharm & I can’t find the shade)
- Covergirl Outlast Lipstick in shade 920 (red)
- Duo Dark Tone Eyelash Adhesive
- Generic Headache Medicine
Clearly I never want to risk being unable to achieve the perfect red lip while out & about 🙂
Lastly, the purse itself is the amazing Reversible Vegan Leather Tote from Urban Outfitters. I’ve had it for a few months, now, and I’m obsessed with it. I need it in other colors.
And there you have it. The reason I am always a little hunched over. Heehee #bookloverprobs
Until Next Time ❤