HEY, HEY! Yeah, I’m still here. I promise. Just slightly lacking in creative juices lately & don’t REALLY want to burden you all with nonsense posts about literally nothing.
Regardless of my complete & utter failure as a blogger lately, I’ve been nominated by Fangirls On The Road for my 2nd Liebster Award! Yay! Thanks you guys!
Eleven Facts About Me:
- I was a huge show choir nerd in high school but I’m a terrible dancer, so I stuck to stage crew.
- I don’t drink coffee every day, but once I start I drink like 5 cups in a row.
- My feet grew a whole size when I was pregnant, making my collection of over 100 pairs of shoes completely obsolete.
- I worked in a video rental store for 3 years and it was the best job I ever had.
- I taught myself basic CSS the other day in about 8 hours. Lol. Just for fun. Because why not?
- My lucky number has always been 42, even before I saw Hitchhiker’s Guide.
- I nearly always read the book before watching a movie adaptation (unless I don’t know it’s an adaptation).
- I have a deep love affair with stationery – specifically writing utensils and post-its.
- Speaking of…since I bought my Passion Planner 2 weeks ago, I have convinced 5 other people to order them (I guess that means I should be in sales?).
- I shattered my wrist when I was 4 years old and was pushed off of a toy box at church. SHATTERED. There might still be pins in there, I don’t even know.
- I’m obsessed with Karaoke. I will run to the nearest Karaoke spot if invited. You never have to ask me twice.
Questions from Sam & Frodo:
1. If you could erase your memory of one book so you could read it again, which one would it be and why?
Ohhh goodness. Hitting me with the hard questions right off the bat. I think it’d probably be The Great Gatsby. I wish I could erase my feelings about it from High School and any previous knowledge about the story so I could go into it & marvel at the Fitzgerald’s language & just immerse myself in the era.
2. If you could bring back one character from the dead, who would it be?
This is so hard. Like, seriously. Um. Ok. Spoiler Alert – highlight below to see my answer!
Throne of Glass Spoiler ————————–> I pick Nehemia. I know it would change a lot of the story & would change Celaena’s perspective throughout the entirety of Heir of Fire, but damnit I just want her to live!
Also, Fred Weasley ❤
3. One book that has been standing on your shelf unread for a long time but somehow you still haven’t gotten around to reading it…?
Cinder! Eep. I got it 2 years ago from my BFF for Christmas & it’s still just chillin’ in my TBR pile. Womp-womp.
4. Which character have you hated the most?
Dolores Umbridge. Obviously. But also The King of Adarlan is a pretty gigantic douche.
5. Most anticipated sequel (past or present)?
Oooh. That’s hard. I think the most excited I ever was for a book sequel was Deathly Hallows, because Harry Potter. But right now I’m FREAKING out until September so I can get my hands on Queen of Shadows. After that, it’ll probably be the sequel to The Heir.
6. Which character have you missed the most in a movie adaptation?
I’m not 100% sure I’m on the right track with the intent of this question, but I assume it’s about characters that were omitted when a book was adapted for screen? I can’t think of any of those, BUT I could do the opposite – what about needless characters that have been ADDED to the story? Like Bella Thorne’s character, Madison in The DUFF. UGH.
7. Is there a book that you have read countless times but still love to read? Which one?
Ella Enchanted!! I don’t even know how many times I’ve read that book, and even though I’m starting to knock on 30’s door, I still read it at least once a year. It’s so great. And a quick read.
8. What’s the worst book you’ve ever read?
I hate saying this, because I know it’s beloved by many (including some very close friends of mine), but I have to go with My Antonia by Willa Cather. That book bored me out of my gourd. Although, I was only a freshman in HS & have been considering giving it another shot.
9. If you could have one book character as a best friend, who would it be?
I always answer this question the same. It’s a tie between Bianca Piper from The DUFF or Sydney Sage from Bloodlines. Bianca because she’s snarky & cynical and would be a blast to hang out with. Sydney because we could talk about magic and vampires and books until the world ends.
10. If you could own one item from one book (it would keep all it’s abilities if it had any), what would it be? What would you do with it?
Why is this so much easier than the infamous Superpower Question? Time Turner. Easy. I’d use it to make sure I had plenty of time to read all the books & screw around on the internet but still be a responsible adult. That balance is damn near impossible to find.
11. Do you prefer books being adapted to the big screen or the small screen?
I think with the way TV is going these days, I much prefer books being adapted to the small screen. You are more likely to get an accurate representation of the book that way. Of course, the risk is bigger because if the show is a success, the writers may end up going off-book in later seasons…or the casting could suck and you’re stuck with the wrong person playing your favorite character for 6 years… you know.
UNFORTUNATELY, I’ve been out of the loop on reading new blogs lately, so I don’t have any new people to nominate, BUT. If you’re reading this & you have fewer than 200 followers, YOU ARE NOMINATED. RIGHT NOW. YES, YOU. Leave me a comment & I will link to your blog. Then answer these questions:
- What is one thing you are irrevocably obsessed with?
- Your house is on fire. What 3 things do you grab before running out the door?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- What is your biggest guilty pleasure book/tv series/movie?
- What makes you nostalgic?
- Is there a book or person who has had a huge influence on your life?
- What is your Dream Vacation?
- Would you survive a zombie apocalypse? If so, how?
- What is better, skittles or pizza?
- Would you rather be able to stop time or fly?
- Who is bae?
That’s all, folks! Until Next Time ❤