I finally finished the Bloodlines series (review to come!) and now I feel like the literary world is my oyster. I love series, but sometimes when you get past a certain number of pages, it can start to feel a little too confining. Obviously, I could choose not to binge-read the series, but then I find that I’m forgetting little details & would rather just get through the whole thing at once. I did enjoy this particular series, but I was a little worn down by the end of it. Maybe there were just too many primary conflicts? We’ll explore that later. For now, I thought it’d be fun to do a little feature of what books I have “on deck”.
My TBR list is WAY too long for my comfort; I’m pushing 550 & adding more every day…yeesh! So it’s nice to break things down & pick out a few that I’m looking forward to reading in the very near future.
1. Eleanor & Park. Seriously, I haven’t read such great reviews on a book since TFIOS. I started this yesterday and, while I haven’t been sucked all the way in yet, I am finding it to be an enjoyable read and a nice change of pace from the world of Richelle Mead.
2. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. This one has been on a number of book club lists lately, so I figured I’d give it a shot. I picked up the Kindle edition on Amazon for like $1.99. I think it will be a nice, lighthearted & entertaining read.
3. Ready Player One. Another book that has gotten a lot of hype on the many blogs I read – I’m really looking forward to this one & its pop-culture heavy narrative.
4. Station Eleven. The cover grabbed my attention the first time I saw it & then I started reading reviews. It seems a bit loftier than most of the things I gravitate toward, but that’s a good thing. I’m trying to expand my horizons & I think this is going to be a great place to start.
5. Alienated. It’s been a while since I’ve read anything even resembling sci-fi. I don’t think this is going to QUITE get me there, but it seems like it will be a nice blend of sci-fi and YA, which is totally my jam right now 🙂
Have you read any of these? I’d love to know what you think! Also, even with my overwhelming TBR list, I’m ALWAYS soliciting recommendations! 🙂
Until Next Time ❤