The prompt for today is “Top Ten Books You Would Classify As All Time Favorite Books from the past 3 years”
This might end up actually being a pretty easy one for me, seeing as most of my reading has taken place within the last 3 years. I never really took the time to sit down & read until I made a conscious decision to do so in January of last year. So maybe I have an advantage here? I suppose we’ll see!
- The Selection. I’ve talked about it before, but this series is absolutely one of my all-time favorites. It’s fun to read, romantic, exciting, and the world-building is exquisite. Totally deserves the top spot.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. This is another book where the world-building is simply mind-blowing. Ransom Riggs has done some miraculous things with this series & I can’t wait to see where he takes it next.
- The Birth of Venus. I love the Renaissance. It’s one of my favorite time periods to study. This book is a gorgeous piece of historical fiction & centers around one girl who wants to be an artist’s apprentice in Florence at the beginning of the Renaissance, despite the restrictions her gender would impose upon the possibility of doing so.
- The Great Gatsby. Yeah, I was SUPPOSED to read this in high school, but I didn’t. So it counts for this list. I just read The Great Gatsby 2 years ago before I went to see Baz Luhrmann’s film adaptation. Since then, I’ve read it twice more. It’s by far my most re-read book of all time & I’ve only been reading it for 2 years.
- Bloodlines. I’m obsessed with the world Richelle Mead has created for Vampire Academy & Bloodlines. I’ve said it 100 times – it’s everything a YA Vampire series should be. I personally prefer Bloodlines, but that doesn’t mean VA doesn’t make this list. Which brings me to….
- Vampire Academy. Rose Hathaway is one of the greatest heroines of modern YA Lit (that I’ve -read). She’s a total badass; snarky, compassionate, fearless, and unfailingly loyal to her friends.
- The Fault In Our Stars. If you read this book & it’s not in your all-time favorites, you don’t have a heart. End of story.
I guess that’s all I have. There are a bunch of other books I’ve READ over the last 3 years, but none of them deserve to be put on this list. I do have one honorable mention, which is Crewel by Gennifer Albin. I really enjoyed the series & burned through it pretty quickly. It’s just not QUITE up to the standards of this particular list.
Head on over to today’s link-up to see what everyone else has been loving!
Until Next Time ❤